VersaLand hosts a variety of learning experiences year-round at our 145-acre Research Farm.
- ‘Restoration Agriculture’ techniques at work, including Keyline design, fruit and nut polycultures, silvopasture, alleycropping, and electric tractor power.
- Erosion-eliminating, soil-generating farming methods. Floods and drought can be overcome. Learn natural farm resilience.
- How to implement Keyline Design on an actual site. Ask questions in real-time to understand the process of eliminating soil erosion on your land, building ponds, and earthworks. Observe human-scale and machine-scale earthworks and swale-building..
- Learning with an experienced teaching staff with skills from broad backgrounds from environmental engineering to site and buildingdesign
- Where to start, evaluating your own site, and what to look for when developing a farm or looking to buy land.
- An intense experience that is big on understanding processes you can apply on your own agricultural project.
- More HANDS ON demonstrations and skillbuilding
VersaLand Farm is an early implementation stage of a resilient agriculture paradise. From mature nut trees to just-installed patterned keyline swales, there is something for all. Some call the concepts we’ll demonstrate ‘cutting edge’, while others are ‘old-fashioned’. The way these two worlds integrate into a functional agricultural ecosystem is unmatched. Plants, animals, and tools create a low-input, high-yield farm.
Amazing locally sourced food & beverages are supplied Free of Charge for everyone attending our events and it is your choice to eat that which is provided.
Gluten-free food items will be available. If you have strict dietary requirements, please bring some of your favorites or let us know beforehand. Breaks are generous to allow you plenty of time to catch up with old and new friends. You’ll be contacted by email upon event registration and also close to the event giving any final instructions and information.
WHAT TO BRING:
If you’d like a folding chair for those times when we are stopping for a while around the farm, please bring one (though this is Sherpa-free event!)
Bathrooms will be available nearby, but this is nature after all. Please bring anything that you feel you need to make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible, which may include water bottles, sunblock, etc.